WhatsApp Web is a online portal that helps you to simply mirror your WhatsApp account on your Desktop or laptop. It’s a great way to use WhatsApp on your desktop browser. The interface of the WhatsApp Web is similar to the WhatsApp application installed on your phone. It is easy to set up and instantly sync messages from your pc to your mobile phone and vise-versa. In short, the messages you send from your browser will also appear on your phone.
WhatsApp Web is easy to set up and has most of the features that are available on WhatsApp application like sending photos or videos, watching stories, sharing contacts, or initiating chats as well.Moreover, you can also click photos with your webcam/laptop camera and share them with any one over chats. To sum up, you will be able to run one WhatsApp account on different devices simultaneously.
How to setup WhatsApp Web
Now that you know what is WhatsApp Web you might want to try that feature on your Desktop. So to make things easy for you, follow the below steps and start using WhatsApp on your desktop.
Firstly, you need to link your WhatsApp account to the WhatsApp Web client. To do that you need to visit WhatsApp on your computer. Meanwhile, you are on that page you will see a QR code right in front of the screen.
Secondly, you need to go to your mobile phone and follow the steps below-
- Open WhatsApp on your phone.
- Go to the settings (3 vertical dots ) and select WhatsApp Web.
- You will see a QR code scanner on your phone.
- Now take your phone to your desktop screen where you have kept QR code ready to scan.
- Scan the code from your phone and that’s done, all the messages or groups you have on your phone will appear on your online portal.
How to Logout from WhatsApp web from your phone
To logout from the WhatsApp application on your phone, you need to follow the below steps.
- Open WhatsApp.
- Tap the CHATS tab > More options> WhatsApp Web.
- Tap the computer or Portal listed > LOG OUT.
How to Logout from WhatsApp web from Desktop
Likewise, if you need to logout from your WhatsApp web account you can simply click on the menu on your browser and there you will find a logout option. Just click on it and you will be logged out from that account on that device.
How to download WhatsApp Desktop
You can also use WhatsApp on your desktop/laptop without a browser. To do that you just need to download WhatsApp Desktop on your device. You can download it from the WhatsApp website or Microsoft store or Apple app store. The basic requirement for the application to run on your device is
- Windows 8.1 or newer
- macOS 10.10 or newer
Download WhatsApp for Desktop
- Go to the WhatsApp Download page from your device’s browser, then download the .exe or .dmg file.
- After downloading the file, open the .exe or .dmg file and follow the prompts to complete the installation.