So you want to save snaps on Snapchat, and you are afraid that they will know about it. We all know Snapchat is a trendy social media platform where people share their daily adventures and connect to friends.
Snapchat is entirely different from other social media platforms as they do not save any previous chats for more than 24 hours. That is the reason people like Snapchat so much; capture, share, and forget about it.
But sometimes you like something so much that you wish to save it, but you cannot keep it without letting the sender know. We have got you some hacks that you can use and save the snaps to your devices. Let us know how you can do it.
Wiping App Data
The process is simple, and you need not have to download any 3rd party apps. You probably know this after reading the heading. Following this process, the sender will never know about the screenshot.
But this process has some demerits too. Every time you save snaps, you need to wipe the cache and cookies and data and log in again to Snapchat. If you can bear this, then it is a nice hack to save snaps on Snapchat.
Here are the steps you can follow-
- Load those snaps fully that you wish to save.
- Once that’s done, turn the mobile data or WIFI and disable the internet on your device.
- Now capture that screenshot and save it. But the job is still not completed.
- Now the most important step, go to System Settings > Apps > Snapchat > Storage > Clear Cache and Clear Data.
Use Screen Recording App
This step requires a screen recording app unless you have a Samsung device. Most of the latest Samsung devices have a preinstalled screen recording feature that you can use to record the screen.
For other devices, I recommend the AZ screen recorder. Install the app and start recording the screen before opening the snaps. Record the video of all the pictures you wish to save. Once done, save the video and later on save the screenshot while pausing the video. This method can also capture your texts and conversations.
Follow the steps given below:
- Download or install the AZ screen recording app from the Play Store.
- Now start the screen recording app and open the snaps.
- While recording, open the snaps and stories which you like to save.
- After this, save the video to the gallery.
- Open the video and take as many screenshots as you want from the screen recording.
Use Google Assistant
This method is one of the simplest ways to capture a screenshot of anyone’s Snapchat story without even knowing them.
You need to call the google assistant and ask him to take a screenshot for you.
Steps to follow-
- Open the snaps you wish to capture.
- Now call the Google assistant and ask to capture the screenshot for you.
- Now the twist is you cannot save the screenshot directly to your gallery.
This is the setback of this method; once the snapshot is captured, you will get lots of options to share the screenshot to different social media platforms. The easiest way I recommend is to save it to your google drive.
SnapSaver is another excellent app that lets you secretly capture a screenshot of snaps. Download the app from the app store or google play store and install it on your device. Once done, follow the below steps, and you will be able to save screenshots or videos just as screen recording.
Follow the below steps-
- Open the app and allow the permissions.
- Choose between Screen Recording, Screenshot, Burst Screenshot.
- Head over to Snapchat and open up the snaps you like to save.
- Tap on the pop-up camera icon on your display screen to capture a screenshot.
- You can now end the session by moving back into the app.
The app has its gallery where the captured screenshot or videos are saved. You can view them anytime, and the sender will never know about it.
These four hacks are working in 2020 and let you save snaps secretly and save it so that you never miss something you like and embarrassed to take the screenshot. Since Snapchat lets the users know about the screenshot, these hacks help you do it with such ease.
Now we have only these four ways and if you have some different methods, let us know, and we will update it further.